Cases or matters referenced do not represent the lawyer’s entire record. Each case is unique and must be evaluated on its own merits. The outcome of a particular case cannot be predicated upon a lawyer’s or a law firm’s past results.
- Represented a group of limited partners in litigation against a real estate fund over the validity of the fund's attempted purchase of the group's partnership interests. Under threat of summary judgment, we obtained a favorable settlement for our clients.
- Represented a departed employee in a lawsuit brought by a Fortune 100 company alleging violation of a non-compete and non-disclosure agreement. The litigation favorably settled on the eve of hearing on our motion to dismiss.
- Represented multiple owners of apartment communities in litigation against a telecommunications company.
- Following a week long bench trial, we obtained a favorable verdict for a general contractor in a lawsuit brought by a concrete subcontractor.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on the eve of trial for a minority shareholder in his lawsuit against a corporation and the majority shareholders of that corporation for claims including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud.
- Favorably resolved several lawsuits for a large real estate development and management company involving architectural firms alleging nonpayment of professional fees.
- Defended a large real estate development and management company against a lawsuit claiming that one of its brokers had committed fraud.
- Obtained a summary judgment in our clients' favor in a summary judgment hearing brought by the other side in a case involving breach of an indemnity agreement.
- Obtained a summary judgment order dismissing a lawsuit against our client, a paving contractor, that was brought by a asphalt supplier alleging that our client was liable on a piercing the corporate veil/alter ego theory.
- Represented a large publicly-traded equipment leasing company in numerous lawsuits nationwide against defaulting equipment lessees.
- Represented a North Carolina County in negotiating the terms of a land purchase and development agreement for the construction of a new high school.
- Represented a group of investors in the purchase of a $2.2 million apartment complex in Johnston County, North Carolina.
- Assisted clients in obtaining an $18 million HUD construction loan for an apartment project in Clayton, North Carolina.
- Assisted clients in obtaining an $11.7 million HUD refinancing for an apartment project in Knightdale, North Carolina.
- Represented numerous borrowers and guarantors in workout arrangements and in litigation with lenders.
- Represented the purchaser in the purchase and construction financing of an office building in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Represented a national multi-level marketing company in drafting an offering memorandum and raising startup capital from accredited investors.
- Drafted and negotiated numerous software license and website development/hosting agreements.
- Represented a franchisee in negotiating a franchise agreement with a national franchisor, along with negotiating a new lease, and drafting and negotiating a purchase agreement of the existing business.
- Represented Wake County in condemnation proceedings against owners of land needed by the County for a new reservoir.